Thursday, October 4, 2012

Do catholic teachings differ from the bible?


Question


Do catholic teachings differ from the bible?
My name is Joseph Allen Montgomery, Jr. I am years old and have been a very devote Catholic for the past years. I have always believed in the teachings of the church. I believe that the Holy Bible is the word of GOD and IS LAW. A couple days ago a point was brought up to me that go me to thinking and I am looking for the Ultimate Answer.


Answer


The key phrase in the verse is thisbrquotAnd the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground...quotbrbrLogically, this has nothing at all to do with the process of quotconception.quot brbrGod gave his creation the ability to procreate, and blessed us in doing so. Mans creation by man is different than mans creation by God. We no longer need Gods permission.brbrIt seems to me the Churchs definition is correct, interpreting literally, conception is quotat the moment of creation.quotbrbrAnother way of looking at it, if the fetus is not life, it would not need nourishment. It would not grow. brbrAt conception, the child is given the necessary genes, and the child begins to grow and live.brbrAt what point does the spirit and soul inhabit the body? At conception. The very word quotinceptionquot is the beginning.brbrIf you wish to find out more about quotwhyquot God created man, read the Essay under quotArticlesquot at the website below.



No comments:

Post a Comment